We have finally released version 18.104.22.168 of askiavista! First, of all, don’t judge a book by looking at the cover: this is more a 6.1 version than a minor version. Indeed, it packs:
- 22 new features
- 22 bug fixes
- 7 miscellaneous tasks
Below, some of the key new features:
Portfolio section pages
Users can now create Section pages within their Portfolios; these pages allow to add formatted text and media (image & video).
Such pages are a great solution for report introductions, notes, metadata, …
New portfolio link management
Portfolio links have been completely overhauled in order to allow many nifty features such as Expiry dates, Filter management, dynamic tabbing, custom URLs, default page, …
Portfolio links can also be duplicated in order to batch create multiple links.
Reorder portfolio items
This was a recurrent client request: having the possibility to reorder elements (table definitions & now section pages) from within a portfolio.
Raw data / open-ended management
Askiavista is now able to render data at interview level and can also render open-ended data! These flat tables are accessible in a dedicated view and can of course be embedded within a Portfolio.
In order to improve our user experience when browsing large cross-tabs, we have added fixed headers (for Rows, Columns & Edges) to the Default table style.
Select all / unselect all in Dimensions
This client request allows users to select all questions or response items in a given Dimension (R/C/E). This is especially useful when dealing with many questions or for very long lists of response items to which you may want to apply a given action (group, hide, …).
This option (hidden by default), allows advanced users and API developers to embed table & chart data directly in their web page; could it be an askiavista-driven dashboard, portal or web page.
Compressed inverted data
We have decided to improve the inverted format:
- We decided to rename the old files and not use the number of responses as an extension – this was causing unnecessary problems when a question was recalculated or if the max number of responses was manually changed in Design. The extension is always .dat.
- The developed questions in a loop are no longer stored individually – the greyed questions always contained the information so we thought the cost of reading the whole greyed data for that question was a small price to pay compared to store all the data twice
- We store system data -or peri-data – such as start time, end-time, IP-address, completion, …
- The data is now compressed
- We have backwards compatibility: inverted data produced with a version prior to 5.3.4 is read properly but the new inverted files are not readable by Vista (yet) or an old Analyse / Tools
We have seen up to 90% decrease of the inverted database size and almost no noticeable deterioration of the reading speed
For the full list of new features & bug fixes, check the changelog.