Our latest update to askiavista, our online data analysis and reporting web app, is finally here! Version 18.104.22.168 is an incremental update that contains many fixes and some useful new features:
Askiavista can now make use of askiadesign‘s useful Scenarios (aka Versions) in order to filter the list of questions and/or responses. This allows you to customise the display of your survey variables and responses based on the sets of Scenarios defined in askiadesign.
In the case of an omnibus survey, you could for example create a Scenario for Client A that comprises the demographic variables as well as the client’s specific questions; create a second Scenario for Client B with the same demographic data as well as this client’s variables, etc… Thus, allowing each end-user to only view the appropriate subset of data.
Scenarios are functionally very similar to Packages (a feature that has been available in askiavista for many years now)… but the two main advantages of Scenarios are:
- They do not require to be re-defined; once they have been initially set in askiadesign, askiavista will pick up the Scenarios automatically
- Where Packages were limited to filtering questions, Scenarios can filter both questions and response items
Specify questions when exporting a portfolio
Askiavista’s API has been updated in order to allow users to override certain (or all) cross-tab dimensions with the profileRows, profileColumns and profileEdges properties that have been added to the askiaVista.display method.
So, if your cross-tab query uses a Portfolio item, these above properties will override the entire list of questions for the specified dimension.
Core components updated
Some of askiavista’s core components have been updated:
- AVS now supports the RowQuestion, ColQuestion,RowSubQuestion and ColSubQuestion keywords.
- Fixed an issue with commented askiascript
- Fixed an issue with Row / Edge suppression
- Fixed an issue where the Use unweighted base in Col Sig with selected no weighting caused results to disappear
- Various fixes to ensure Mode and Average number of responses are displayed correctly
As usual, we have slaughtered some pesky bugs while we were at it; some of the more notable ones are:
- Fixed an issue where no data was displayed for the total by Row and total by Question for Arithmetic calculations by script
- Fixed an issue where totals were missing in Portfolios when exported to Excel
- Fixed an issue where the Export Activity to Excel produced a corrupt Excel file
You can access the full version notes or pick up the update immediately!